Combat Summary, October 30th, 2020 subject logo: MILGAM
Posted by: badanov

From: Chernarus Coastal Operations Group
Subject: Weekly Summary of Combat Operations, from October 23rd to October 29th Inclusive.

Message begins:

The tempo of combat operations continued at a slower tempo.

Chernarus Defense Forces, Air Forces and Naval Forces have engaged in seven separate operations against rebel forces in five regions.

1) Friday afternoon, a warning order from brigade operations staff was issued to 3rd Bn, Chernarus 13th Separate Mountain Motorized Rifle Brigade about an enemy movement towards Gross Steinum in Werferlingen.

The road march to the area of operation was brief. The tactical plan was for the task force to form a semi circle on the northern edge of Gross Steinum. 2nd Squad would be on the left (west) while 3rd squad would be on the right (east). Command squad would take up a position on the western edge of town.

The task force was hit by two infantry attacks from the northwest and from the north. Those attacks were destroyed by direct force from tanks, armored scout cars and rifle fire. Two artillery missions were ordered as well.

The last time 3rd Bn was in Gross Steinum, there were enemy rifles penetration of the security cordon, leaving a narrow avenue of escape.

This time, the separatists did much the same, except this time the task force commander counterattacked every one, stopping the separatists.

Enemy vehicle incursion began soon after. A reinforcing tank, originally ordered to take up a backup position on the eastern edge of town, was ordered to a north south road to overwatch enemy vehicle movement.

This was after 2nd reinforcing squad was fired on by a pair of technicals from its reserve position. 1st Reinforcing squad was then ordered to redeploy and expect enemy vehicles its way two kilometers east of town.

A third rifle attack, this time to the rear of command's squad's position took place. The commander decided, after being in town for an hour that it was time to begin the retreat.

After the scout cars were ordered out, 2nd, then 3rd squad were ordered to retreat south, and not tank the main road south. That was when enemy armor struck in Gross Steinum.

Tank 1 retreated east passed command squad rearguard position, then Tank 2 began its retreat. Three enemy armor vehicles hit. Tank 2 destroyed one T-34/85 and one BMP-2, and damaged a third BMP-1.

Casualties were moderate. The task force lost both scout cars in the retreat trying to fight off rifle probes coming from the west. 2rd squad lost six, while 3rd and command squads lost none.

Field counts of damage to enemy forces include two technicals one BRDM scout car, one T-34/85 and one BMP-1.

2) Saturday morning a task force from 1st Bn. Chernarus 13th Separate Mountain Motorized Rifle Brigade was dispatched to Kozan, just four kilometers from the task force's forward zone.

Battalion recon staff found out that a separatist force had taken over the previous night, and appeared to be well prepared to hold Kozan.

The tactical plan was for the two tanks, and 2nd and 3rd squad to attack from the west, while command squad with the gunship would attack from the south out of a hamlet 500 meters south.

The attack went quickly with the rebels' perimeter collapsing as CDF infantry poured in. The commander located Ivan Albanev and eliminated his assistant, Nina Ivanovic. Documents from seized from her dead body.

Two supply trucks also were destroyed.

As enemy counterattacks began, the bulk of the task force was sent west to cover that axis, while command squad and a tank covered the north and northeast. Command squad eventually set the gas station on the northern edge of town as its base.

Two more vehicle counterattacks took place, two in the west and two in the north. The tank stopped both. When the order came down to withdraw, the task force retreated in good order back to base.

Casualties were moderate. 3rd squad lost seven, wle the other two lost none. The gunship was shot down by separatist forces. There were no survivors.

3) Chernarus 10th Separate Tank Brigade operations staff issued an order to a rifle group from 4th Bn, that two rifle squads and two technicals were to be relieve and evacuated from Molbath as soon as possible.

Relief operations always entail a change in the road march order, where in the instance of a relief operation, fast units should move to the area of operation as soon as possible, with tank and support vehicles last.

Separatists already were launched a rifle attack on the two relief squads and caused some damage.

The relieving force from 4th Bn's tactical plan was to push as far towards the direction of the most potential threat, hold that ground and evacuate the relief elements.

Once the relieving force was in place, the relief squads boarded trucks and were transported to the rear. Relieving force held out until the withdraw order came down.

Casualties were very light. The relieving force suffered no casualties, while the relief force suffered three. Relieving force retreated in good order to a rally point one kilometer south of Molbath.

Field reports were that the separatists lost two T-34/85 tanks and at least one BMP-2 IFV.

4) A Chernarus Defense Forces spetsnaz team attached to 2nd Corps was ordered by corps intelligence staff to return to The Farm in northern Beketov. Their orders included a kill order for two separatist operatives, Aleksei Yakovliev and Oksana Putina.

Just the previous week the same special forces team was ordered to eliminate two other rebel operatives, Ivan Plantanov and Eliza Toska, a mission completed successfully.

The new operatives held the same orders as the previous operatives: to establish a forward supply node for the separatists' continued operations in the west Treshka River region.

In its approach march, the team observed but did not engage a rebel foot patrol on the left bank of the river, instead moving passed the patrol without raising alarm.

The final approach march was covered by a CDF MI-24 attack helicopter. However, the helicopter was shot down as it attempted to destroy a separatist Humvee.

The team made it to the main building in the south of the compound, located and eliminated both operatives. The commander seized documents from the person of Putina.

The commander also destroyed three supply trucks, the first of presumably many to bring supplies for a forward area.

The team successfully extracted by another CDF MI-24 gunship, and were returned to base. There were no casualties among the team.

5) On Monday afternoon a rifle group from 1st Bn, Chernarus 4th Separate Light Rifle Brigade was ordered to attack Msta in Chernarus after battalion recon staff learned a separatist force has captured the town.

The tactical plan was for 2nd and 3rd squads to attack from the southwest supported by two BRDM scout cars. Command squad would separate from the rifle group and attack from the southeast.

Enemy counterfire was very strong with a separatist Humvee providing heavy machine gun fire support. The Humvee crew destroyed one of the scout cars as it approached the technical.

Meanwhile command squad entered town from the southeast and was instantly hit by heavy resistance. The commander was killed exchanging rifle fire with an automatic rifleman. The operation was suspended and the rifle group returned to base.

Casualties were moderate with command squad losing two including the commander, 3rd squad losing three. and the loss of the BRDM scout car.

6) Tuesday night a battlegroup from 1st Bn Chernarus 13th Separate Mountain Motorized Rifle Brigade was ordered to attack and clear the hamlet of Cinar in Gunkizli.

Battalion recon staff discovered that a separatist rifle/technical group has invaded the town early Tuesday morning and were in the process of preparing a local defense.

Recon staff also discovered a small group of aid workers were detained by the separatists, so the battle group was tasked with releasing them.

The separatist combat group was headed by Zakhar Prilepin and a female assistant, Laureta Hitaj. Already the group was going house to house to seize food and items of value from the citizens.

The battlegroup split up into three parts, with 2nd squad and Tank 1 hitting he town from the southwest, 2nd squad hitting the town from the southeast, and command squad advancing into town supported by Tank 2.

The operation was a success. Cinar was cleared, the two rebel operatives were eliminated and the prisoners were released and taken back to the forward zone for interrogation.

7) Only an hour after the first operation to clear Cinar had concluded the battle group was ordered back to Cinar to repeat its mission as before.

The rebel force entered town right on the heels of the rebel quick reaction force. This time the separatists deployed a 23mm antiaircraft battery, which the battlegroup was tasked in eliminating.

The battlegroup attacked the town as before, this time with Tank 2 moving in support of 2nd squad. In its advance, command squad found a room in which the separatists were using a camera to record torture of prisoners.

The commander found one identified female lying dead in a pool of blood next to a video camera.

Command squad continued to clear the houses one by one. The new commander of the separatists, Jovan Adamovich was found lying dead outside. The squad were unable to locate his counterpart, Aferdita Nura.

Casualties were moderate. 2nd squad ran into the antiairaraft battery, and lost nine effectives. Command squad lost and 3rd squad lost none.

The battlegroup left Cinar with a rebel force bearing down hard on them.

If you have something to add, Fire Away!

Number of Comments so far: 0

Click here for a list of stories in the War and Military category