Weekly Combat Summary, July 17th, 2921 subject logo: MILGAM
Posted by: badanov

From: Chernarus Coastal Operations Group
Subject: Weekly Summary of Combat Operations, from July 9th to July 15th Inclusive.

Message begins:

The tempo of combat operations continued at a steady pace.

Chernarus Defense, Naval and air forces have engaged in five operations in five regions.

1) A battalion combat team from 4th Bn Chernarus 10th Separate Tank Brigade was ordered to assist a friendly rifle-technical group, to evacuate from a town under threat of attack in Rosche early Friday morning.

The ad hoc force had been sent to the area the week before to conduct patrols. While they were based and camped in Nateln, they radioed that a separatist attack force was massing nearby.

The first to reach Nateln were the two BRDM scout cars, which deployed on the western and eastern edges of town. The teams two tanks also split up and deployed alongside the scout cars.

The rifle sections all underwent heavy firefights from enemy rifle squads closing in from the north and the northeast. The three rifle squads held their ground.

Tank 2 defended against several attacks by enemy light and heavy armor, including a T-55. Tank 2 fought off three simultaneous attacks from a BMP-2 a T-34/85 and a T-55 tank, successfully defeating them. Tank 2 suffered a severe mobility hit.

As the attacks tapered off, the order to retreat from Natlen was issued. The commander set the rally point at Batensen, to the south. Then the commander assisted with repairs to Tank 2.

The two rifle squads were loaded onto trucks the team brought with them, and returned to safety.

Losses were light. The team lost zero casualties. The relieved force lost the crew of a grenade launching vehicle.

By field count, enemy vehicle losses included three BTR-80As, one T-34/85, one T-55 and one BMP-2.

2) A six man team of Chernarus Intelligence Administration (ChRU) operators raided a location to rescue a pair of female operatives held captive in Deniland Friday evening.

The operatives were held by a criminal group sympathetic to Chernarus separatists near the docks near Belen. In such instances, captive operatives usually are tortured and abused by their captors.

The rescue operation was to be a typical "smash and grab" operation, where highly trained ChRU operators go to a location, and shoot everyone with a gun.

The firefights between the ChRU operators and the criminal group was intense. The commander destroyed a technical, while the rest of the team fought off French speaking shooters.

By the time the commander got to the location where the informants were held, he shot off all of his rifle ammunition (AK-107), then relied on his sidearm (M-1911).

The informants were injured, but good enough to be escorted back to the transport. The team then transported the informants to a rendezvous with an American CIA team, which then drove off with them.

3) A task force assembled from elements of 3rd Bn, Chernarus 13th Separate Mountain Motorized Rifle Brigade was issued a warning order that separatist forces would attempt to seize south Werferlingen city late Friday night.

This sector of Werferlingen has been under threat of a major separatist operation since two weeks ago, when 3rd Bn was wrecked by the enemy, as 3rd Bn then attempted to seize northern Werferlingen city.

When the tanks arrived, they encountered enemy covering parties in the form of a pair of technicals, both of which were stopped south of the river.

Originally, the task force commander had no tactical plan. Driving straight north could block up the streets with destroyed vehicles, leaving only dismounted infantry to push passed the river.

Driving past the south western bridge would avoid most of that but would leave their flanks open to heavy gunfire. Separatist BMPs and light armor did push south of the river. A BRDM was destroyed. Command squad RPG gunners destroyed both of the BMPs.

Tank 3 pushed into the southern west bridge while tank 1 crossed the northern bridge. 2nd squad and 3rd squad pushed past the northern river bridge into town, along with the task force's BRDM scout car.

Tank 1 moved to the eastern side of the town, waiting for incoming mobile enemy forces. Scout 1 maintained a position on the north-south road on the east side to cover for incoming enemy infantry.

Command, canceled the operation, ordering the task force to advance one kilometer north of the original objective. Enemy armor continued to push into town, but were effectively dealt with by tank gunfire.

The task force, Tank 3, along with all three rifle squads reached the second objective. No enemy counterattack came. Command issued retreat orders.

There were zero losses in the task force. The enemy lost four BMPs, one BRDM and one T-34/85 tank.

4) A rifle task force from 1st Bn Chernarus 4th Separate Light Rifle Brigade was ordered to return to The Factory in Chernarus Sunday night.

The operation two weeks ago eliminated two criminal operatives and allowed 1st Bn to overrun the objective with few losses.

Sunday night's operation was characterized by heavy rains with low visibility. During the approach march, both of the BRDM scout cars were caught in separatists' artillery impact zone. Both scout cars were destroyed.

Air support, before the artillery arrived, managed to drive a heavy machine gun technical off before the infantry element arrived. The tactical plan was as before: attack along a broad front with command squad leading the assault.

Enemy resistance was heavy. The commander and three other riflemen were killed trying to cross into the compound, due to heavy rifle fire. Command of the operation passed to 3rd squad, which suffered the same fate with even heavier initial losses.

Command then passed to 2nd squad who tried to approach to entrance of the compound from the east, But by the time 2nd squad was in position, three enemy technicals arrived on scene and cut 2nd squad to ribbons.

The mission outcome was declared doubtful by 1st Bn commander, allowing the task force to retreat. Casualties were catastrophic.

3rd squad was wiped out, Command and 2nd squad both had one survivor. The remaining commander commandeered a militia police vehicle to return to base.

5) An amphibious marine rifle force from 2nd Bn, Chernarus 2nd Separate Naval Infantry Brigade was ordered to attack Dorida in Altis early Thursday morning.

This was the second attack on that locale in as many weeks. Two separatist operatives, Matija Depreradovich and Nadezhda Pavlova, according to documents later found, were sent to take over defense operations.

After insertion by boat, initial contact was made with a small separatist force defending a hamlet sited on a north-south road leading from the beach. All three rifle squad moved their ways through the village, then linked up outside of Dorida.

The tactical plan was for the concentrated rifle force to enter Dorida from the south, with the help of two Hellenic Air Force F4s. During the initial attack, the commander received word that Depreradovich had been killed, as had Pavlova. Documents were recovered from the dead body of Pavlova.

While continuing clearing operations in the village, the commander was killed. The second in command took over overall operations. Dorida was cleared only a few minutes later.

The force returned to the boats. During the town clearing operation, the boats encountered a beach patrol. The crews survived the firefight. but command squad boat ran itself aground.

Command squad returned to the command ship Vesna via Zodiac boats previously packed aboard the assault boat.

Casualties were moderate. Command squad lost three, while 2nd squad lost one and 3rd squad lost four.

If you have something to add, Fire Away!

Number of Comments so far: 0

Click here for a list of stories in the War and Military category